Congratulations on your decision to pursue an international co-op! The process involves two steps and both must be completed by the application deadline indicated below (App Deadline) but not necessarily in this order. You must apply to the position and a mandatory meeting with an international team member is required. This meeting can be scheduled by calling 215-895-2185.
For any questions, please contact the international team at: Internationalcoop@drexel.edu
|Restrictions:||Drexel undergraduate students enrolled in a co-op program|
Dates / Deadlines:
Academic Year below always refers to the start of each academic year. Fall is the first term in an academic year and it always starts in September of every year. Please refer to the start and end date listed below for appropriate application term. If you do not see the date range applicable to you, please contact the International Co-op Team. Click here for more co-op terms details.
|Min. GPA Requirement:||2.0||Number of Positions:||5|
|Eligible Major(s):||Business Administration, Business and Engineering, Communication, Elementary Education, English, General Business, International Area Studies, International Business, Secondary Education|
Aston English Schools
Aston English is the flagship division of The Aston Educational Group – a professional international education brand from the USA. Aston English started in the city of Dalian in 1996. From the humble beginning of a single school it has flourished into one of the largest ESL operators in China with over 122 schools in 70 cities across 22 provinces.
Since 1996 we have educated over a million students, and employed thousands of foreign teachers in cities across the country.
Job Description and Required Skills
Job Title: English Trainer Co-op
Job Description: Teachers will be placed in private language centers teaching English to children of all ages (3-17) in small classes. Our primary focus is on English speaking and listening with reading and writing as a secondary focus. Teachers will have full support with regard to textbooks. They are given a teacher's guide, textbook and workbook for each level that they are responsible for teaching.
- Teaching scheduled class hours as outlined in the contract. Class hours include scheduled lessons, substitutions, outside teaching, one-to-one tutoring, and educational promotional events.
- Preparing lesson plans and marking homework according to the guidelines set by Aston.
- Following the curriculum, the course aims and lesson objectives.
- Participation in the organization of events and marketing strategies, and the creation of course curriculum.
Required Job Skills:
- Must be native English speaker
- A desire to teach (teaching experience preferred but not required)
- Good communication skills
- Open to new experiences
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self sufficient
Number of Positions: 5
GPA Requirement: Minimum 2.0 GPA
Hours per week: 23 hours per week comprised of 20 teaching hours and three office hours
Language Requirements: Must be a native English speaker
- Stipend of 3000+ RMB per month (about $450 per month)
- 7 vacation days per six month period
- Three days off per week
- 4 hrs of Chinese lessons per week
Financial Award: Eligible students will be considered for a financial award from the Steinbright Career Development Center. U.S. Citizens are eligible for $10,000 in funding from the Freeman Foundation and Steinbright.
- Free housing in an apartment with private bedroom close to the school
- VPN access for six months
- Utilities paid for by the school
Visa Requirement: Visa may be required – Steinbright will provide information on acquiring a visa.
- Welcome kit upon arrival including phone SIM card and bus or subway card
- Airport pickup
- Internship certificate and employer reference letter upon completion