Congratulations on your decision to pursue an international co-op! This is a two part application process. By clicking “Apply Now” you will create an International Co-op Application which will be reviewed by an International Co-op team member. If your application meets the preliminary requirements, you will be prompted to schedule a consultation meeting. After this consultation meeting is complete, if your application is approved, you will begin Part 2 of the application process where you will be able to apply to specific programs.
|Restrictions:||Drexel undergraduate students enrolled in a co-op program|
|Dates / Deadlines:
Academic Year below always refers to the start of each academic year. Fall is the first term in an academic year and it always starts in September of every year. Please refer to the start and end date listed below for appropriate application term. If you do not see the date range applicable to you, please contact the International Co-op Team. Click here for more co-op terms details.
|Term||Academic Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
** Applicants will be notified of acceptance into this program and will be required to complete additional materials to register the co-op placement.
|Min. GPA Requirement:||2.5||Number of Positions:||2|
|Eligible Major(s):||Product Design|
Honeywell International is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, New Jersey, Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges.
Honeywell has a long history in China that goes back to 1935 when it established the first franchise in Shanghai. Today, all of Honeywell’s four Strategic Business Groups are represented in China, and all of them have relocated their Asia Pacific headquarters to China. Over the years, more than 30 subsidiaries and joint ventures have been set up in over fifteen cities across the country. As of today, Honeywell has invested $600 million in China and employs over 11,000 people.
China is one of the most important markets in Honeywell's global success strategy, and therefore the company is committed to driving the business growth in China by providing the best quality, delivery, value, and technology.
Job Description and Required Skills
Job Title: Product Designer -Industrial Design or User Experience (Shanghai)
- Responsible for design (style design, industrial design and UX design), design innovation, pre-visualizations (concepts, storyboard, scenarios), industrial design consultancy and industrial design quality control for personal protective equipment (e.g., dust masks, breathing apparatus, spectacles, helmet, footwear) or safety products.
- Use sketches, blueprints, detailed drawings, or computer-aided designs, mock-ups or proof of concepts to demonstrate product potential.
- Research design trends and product limitations, etc.
- Present ideas, concept visualizations, prototypes to communicate with designers, engineers, marketing team, customers and end users for validation and confirmation of the requirements.
- US Citizenship
- Industrial design, user experience design or human factors experience
Number of Positions: 2
GPA Requirement: Minimum 2.5 GPA
Compensation: CNY 6,500/month before taxes(about $1000/month)
Financial Award: Students will be considered and eligible for a financial award of up to $6,000 from Steinbright Career Development Center.
Housing: Assistance with locating housing is provided.
Visa Requirement: Required - please speak with an International Team member