Congratulations on your decision to pursue an international co-op! This is a two part application process. By clicking “Apply Now” you will create an International Co-op Application which will be reviewed by an International Co-op team member. If your application meets the preliminary requirements, you will be prompted to schedule a consultation meeting. After this consultation meeting is complete, if your application is approved, you will begin Part 2 of the application process where you will be able to apply to specific programs.
|Restrictions:||Drexel undergraduate students enrolled in a co-op program|
Dates / Deadlines:
Academic Year below always refers to the start of each academic year. Fall is the first term in an academic year and it always starts in September of every year. Please refer to the start and end date listed below for appropriate application term. If you do not see the date range applicable to you, please contact the International Co-op Team. Click here for more co-op terms details.
|Term||Academic Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Min. GPA Requirement:||3.0||Number of Positions:||1|
|Eligible Major(s):||Chemical Engineering|
LP Amina is a multinational environmental engineering company with research and development activities in the US, Europe, and Asia. The company has over 100 full time employees and a network of over 2,000 technicians working in diverse locations around the globe. LP Amina strives to be the most innovative environmental solution provider to the energy industry and to create a sustainable, low cost energy future. We specialize in delivering complete solutions for power plants, and in addition to our established technologies, we are active in R&D leveraging facilities across the world. Our mission is to deliver the most advanced environmental technology and solutions to support the sustainable use of coal resources for power, chemistry, and other applications. If you are about to begin your engineering career and are looking for the best place to apply your talent and realize your ambitions, look no further than LP Amina. A co-op with LP Amina is an excellent opportunity for you to learn about the energy industry, our company, and gain experience valued in the market globally. From the day you begin, you will be treated as a part of the team and will be expected to assume significant responsibility with assistance provided by LP Amina and its team professionals guiding your personal and professional development.
Job Description and Required Skills
Job Title: R&D Co-op: Cleaner Combustion Processes (Process Engineer) Beijing, China
- Work within a chemical processes development team in developing new chemical process concepts.
- With flow sheets and mass balance calculations, help to outline new chemical synthesis routes for the purpose of producing new products from alternative non-petroleum feed stocks such as coal, natural gas and biomass.
- Use process simulation software to provide insight into minimizing projected capital expenditures and maximizing projected product revenues by assessing competing conceptual design options.
- Develop economic feasibility assessments to help deploy capital wisely with a view toward ultimately transforming the energy and material industries.
Required Job Skills:
- Dedication to meet internal needs of a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up company.
- Intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, proactive, and collaborative approach to work, especially in a global setting.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative and a history of academic achievement
Number of Positions: 1
GPA Requirement: Minimum 3.0 GPA
Language Requirement: English, Mandarin Chinese is a plus but not required
Compensation: $1100 per month and reimbursed roundtrip flight
Financial Award: Eligible students will be considered for a financial award from the Steinbright Career Development Center. U.S. Citizens are eligible for $10,000 in funding from the Freeman Foundation and Steinbright.
Housing: Assistance with housing search, cost not covered
Visa Requirement: Visa may be required – Steinbright will provide information on acquiring a visa.