Congratulations on your decision to pursue an international co-op! This is a two part application process. By clicking “Apply Now” you will create an International Co-op Application which will be reviewed by an International Co-op team member. If your application meets the preliminary requirements, you will be prompted to schedule a consultation meeting. After this consultation meeting is complete, if your application is approved, you will begin Part 2 of the application process where you will be able to apply to specific programs.
|Restrictions:||Drexel undergraduate students enrolled in a co-op program|
|Dates / Deadlines:
Academic Year below always refers to the start of each academic year. Fall is the first term in an academic year and it always starts in September of every year. Please refer to the start and end date listed below for appropriate application term. If you do not see the date range applicable to you, please contact the International Co-op Team. Click here for more co-op terms details.
|Eligible Major(s):||Communication, English, General Business, International Area Studies, International Business, Marketing|
Simon Fraser University Exchange
This is an opportunity with the international department in the Work Integrated Learning (co-op) office at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada.
Job Description and Required Skills
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Assistant
Job Description: The Work Integrated Learning (WIL) office consists of career services, cooperative education, and volunteer and community-based learning. The main focus of the position will be working in the SFU Co-op office on the international portfolio. This office works with SFU students, faculty, staff, and employers to promote and enhance international experiential learning opportunities. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with staff from other areas. Website: http://www.sfu.ca/wil/
- Assist in research and job development activities for established and new international co-op partnerships (specific global regions to be identified depending on successful candidate’s areas of interest and expertise)
- Promote international co-op opportunities to students through different media, research and monitor various resources for international placement opportunities
- Assist in a marketing campaign to international employers (including data mining)
- Maintain international co-op website
- Write online articles related to international co-op for the SFU Online Learning community
- Assist in activities associated with the international student fair
- Assist in research and job development activities for established and new co-op partnerships
Required Job Skills:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent research and marketing skills
- Database, graphs, spreadsheet experience necessary
- MS Office skills required and some online design skills (banners, etc.)
- Any international experience is an asset (e.g., volunteer, working, study abroad, etc.)
- Able to work independently and be flexible
- Previous promotion experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Online writing (i.e., blogging) experience preferred
- Knowledge of graphic design software (i.e., Adobe Creative Suite) is an asset, though not required
- Experience with social media is an asset, though not required
Number of Positions: 1
GPA Requirement: Minimum 2.5 GPA
Language Requirements: N/A
Compensation: Paid position (between $13 and $14 per hour)
Financial Award: N/A
Housing: SFU will assist with securing housing near campus.
Visa Requirement: Dependent on student’s country of citizenship a visa may be required.